La Roche Posay
Recommended by Dermatologists
Discovered centuries ago in La Roche-Posay, France, our Thermal Spring Water, an essential ingredient at the origin of the brand, has been recognized by the scientific community for its rich concentration of Selenium, a natural powerful antioxidant.
- La Roche-Posay is a little village located in the centre of the French region of La Vienne.
- From 1617, the therapeutic reputation of La Roche-Posay thermal spring water was such that Pierre Milon, doctor to Henry IV and Louis XIII, went there to conduct the first analyses. Napoleon, then General Bonaparte, on his return from Egypt at the beginning of the 19th century, had a thermal hospital built there to treat his soldiers' skin diseases.
- In 1897, the site was officially recognised by the French Academy of Medicine.
- In 1905, the first Thermal Centre was opened.
- In 1913, the French Academy of Medicine officially declared La Roche-Posay a Spa Town.
- Renowned for its beneficial action on the skin, La Roche-Posay thermal spring water is used in each and every product produced by the La Roche-Posay brand.