Posted on September 03 2016
In case you are one of those people who think that eye creams are just a sneaky way for cosmetic brands to make us spend money where it's not needed, then read on!
For those of us women who are tired of looking tired even when we are not, eye creams are a boon! Because, to be honest, who likes to be taken for being 26, when you just celebrated your 20th?!
The skin around your eye is the thinnest layer of skin on your entire body, and therefore the most sensitive. With the ageing process, the ligaments underneath your eyes that hold back fatty tissue begin to weaken, and the tissue can fall forward to form under-eye bags.
Hence using a cream made specifically for your eyes is crucial, even before you age.
Let’s take a look at 5 of the best eye creams of the year:
1. Natio Aromatherapy Renew Radiance Eye Cream:
Reduces puffiness, eliminates bags and diminishes the appearance of fine lines making your skin look more youthful.
2. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Awakening Eye Balm:
The Fortifying hydrogel for under-eye bags and dark circles for all women with dark circles around the eyes, dehydrated eyes, and dehydration lines.
3. Yves Rocher Anti Age Global Complete Anti Aging Care – Eye:
The skin around the eyes is fragile and requires special attention! This Complete Anti-aging Eye Care acts globally for maximum results.
4. L’Oreal Youth Code Eye Cream:
This nourishing eye gel is filled with the goodness of green tea and cucumber extracts that can be used to massage gently around the eyes. It is known to refresh and rejuvenate tired and puffy eyes and lighten the dark circles around the eyes.
5. Just Herbs I’Clear Green Tea-Cucumber Nourishing Under Eye Gel:
It’s known to be a rejuvenating anti-wrinkle eye cream effective to reduce dark circles and the puffiness around the eyes. Regular use of this cream leaves the tender skin around the eyes hydrated and moisturised.
But who said you have to pay to get rid of all the puffiness, lines and dark circles?
Here we have 5 super easy home remedies to reduce those pesky bags under your eyes!
1. Cucumber Relief:
Cucumbers are a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness.
• Take 2 slices of fresh refrigerated cucumber and place it on your eyes for 25 minutes.
• Relax with the cool soothing slices over your eyes and slip into a short nap, it will help refresh your mind as well as your eyes, and the anti-inflammatory properties of the cool cucumber will naturally help reduce puffy tissues
2. Go Potato
• Slice a raw potato (after refrigerating for a couple of minutes) into two and circle closed eyes gently with those halves.
• Place it on your eyes so that it also covers the puffed areas under your eyes and leave on for 15-20 minutes. You'll notice a tremendous change in those bags as they'll be diminished in size.
3. Milky Way
If you have extremely puffed up eyes this is the regime that you need to follow.
• Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on your eyelids and relax for 20-30 minutes.
• This well help your eyes in water retention and also cool them off.
4. Tea Bag Therapy:
If you are in a hurry and do not want to head out with droopy eyes then teabags are the way to go.
• Soak two tea bags in tepid water and then refrigerate them for a while.
• Place the chilled teabags over your eyes for 25-30 minutes. Lie back and relax with the cool teabags over your eyes.
• Finish by washing your eyes and face with cold water, and dry your skin thoroughly.
5. Of Spoons and Chilled Water
Puffiness around the eyes can be reduced with the help of a glass of ice water and four stainless steel spoons.
• Chill the spoons in the water and then place one over each eye.
• Keep switching the spoons while letting the other one chill in the glass of water.
• Keep switching until you see improvement.