Posted on June 17 2016
1. COAT PINS BEFORE USE: Spray your pins with dry shampoo or hair spray before use. The spray will give the pins--and hence your hair--something extra to hold onto.
2. USE THE RIGHT SIDE: Did you know that pins stay longer in your hair if you insert them with the wavy side DOWN? The grooved ridges are designed to pick up hair, while the flat side locks it all into place (and looks prettier from the outside).
3. CRISS CROSS THEM. This is especially helpful for those with fine hair. Do steps one and two, then finish up by inserting the pins one on top of another to really anchor everything in.
4. LEARN TO LOCK: Use the "locking" technique to ensure your pin stays in place all day.
(NB This works best with larger bobby pins)
Aim the open end of the pin against the direction that your hair is pulled.
Now rotate the pin so the open end is now facing the same direction as the hair, and push the pin in toward your head to secure it. The pin will pull your hair tighter and secure it.
4. PROP UP YOUR PONYTAIL: Flip your ponytail over and Insert bobby pins into your ponytail holder vertically. When you flip your ponytail back the pins prop up your ponytail - tada!