Posted on September 24 2015
We don't believe in covering ourselves up with make-up, but sometimes you just need to look as perfect outside as you feel on the inside! Whether it's hiding the weekend of partying under your eyes, saying see ya later to a stubborn blemish or even covering up a little bit of pigmentation - sometimes a concealer is a life-saver!
At MSM Box, we're make up and beauty junkies. We know not to judge make-up by its packaging (though pretty packaging is a certified weakness) or its price tag. When we thought of bringing you a "Splurge vs Save" series, we decided to start with the very basic - a concealer.
Read on to know what MSM Beauty Squad's Diva and Shaz have to say about their favourite concealers.
First off, Diva -
"It's my little secret but am happy to share it with you. This product conceals imperfections and redness with it's unique two-shade system. It works really well for Indian skin tones as you can custom blend your own perfect shade. Its a saviour specially on days when sleep has been hard to catch up on resulting in dark circles a-plenty!
Totally recommended for hot/humid/cold weather and on super oily skin too."
Why should you splurge on this?
- You can custom blend the shade depending on where you're applying it
- Does not look caky or settle into fine lines
Why should you not?
- Careful there, it just might burn a hole in your pocket!
Shaz is next:
"If you're looking for a medium-to-heavy coverage concealer, the L'Oreal True Match Concealer is one you must definitely give a try. It comes in three shades and is available at almost all of the L'Oreal counters I've been to. It comes in a clear plastic packaging with a soft bristled wand - almost like a nail paint brush. The texture is not too runny and blends really well. It does not feel cakey after application."
Why should you go for this?
- It says put for a good 7-8 hours.
- It is easily available across India.
- It comes in three shades.
- It is easy to apply and blends really well with the skin.
Why should you not?
- The concealer does settle into fine lines after a while so it is not really suited for the under eye area, which may be an issue if that is your key problem area.
- It does tend to give off a dewy look after a few hours, so might not be apt for oily skin.
And there you have it, gorgeous. Splurge or Save, the decision is yours to make :)