Posted on May 09 2015
It would be a cliché to say Moms know best yet we all know it to be 100% true.
We've grown up stealing their lipsticks and rouges and trying to look exactly like them!
We may have our hands on all the latest beauty magazines and blogs, yet we know that the best and most reliable beauty tips are the ones from mommy dearest.
Here are the top beauty tips Team MSM has learnt from their mothers.
Feel free to add yours in the comments below.
- DAILY YOGA PRACTICE: Practising yoga everyday keeps you centred and calm - both mentally and physically - and it shows in your posture, gait and ultimately your face!
- EVERYDAY FACE PICK-ME-UP: Soak almonds overnight. Grind to a paste and mix with milk or malai and (our favourite) lemon juice. Apply an even layer on your face and rinse off with warm water when dry.
- THE BEST NIGHT TIME LOTION FOR YOUR SKIN: Mix Glycerine, Rose Water and Lemon Juice. Adjust quantities of the three ingredients depending on whether your skin is oily or dry and of course on the weather. Apply on your face before you sleep to wake up to fresh, even toned skin in the morning!
- FOR THAT ENVIABLE GLOW: Make a paste of gram flour (besan) , turmeric and milk. Spread evenly on your face for 10-15 minutes. Once dry, remove while rubbing it in circular motions on your face, adding some more water at the same time. Dead skin cells are gently removed and the result - glowing, clear skin!
- THE PERFECT HAIR MASK: Mix henna with eggs and yoghurt. Apply evenly all over your hair. (Make sure you're wearing an old tee cause this one gets a little messy). Wash off after an hour for silky, shiny and beautifully conditioned hair.
- HOME MADE DAAL SCRUB: Grind Red lentils (Lal Masoor Daal) to a powder in your grinder at home. Mix two spoonfuls of the powder with water (for oily skin) or milk (for dry skin) to form a paste. Use this to scrub your face once a week. Moms guarantee that you will see a glow on your face within a few weeks.
- CASTOR OIL FOR THICKER LASHES AND EYEBROWS: Apply castor oil on your eyebrows and eyelashes 10-15 minutes before sleeping every night. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the morning.
- HOME MADE MILK & BREAD CLEANSER: Soak bread in pre-boiled milk for ten minutes. Use this as a face and body cleanser. It is great for removing tan marks and also to give your face that fresh glow.
- AN EASY WINTER SCRUB: Mom's tip to keep your face hydrated and dewy for winter is a coconut-oil-and-sugar face-scrub. Mix two spoonfuls of sugar in a bit of coconut oil and rub all over face in circular motions for about ten minutes. Wash off for fresh, moisturised skin. Acts a a great exfoliator for the rest of your body as well.
- FOR CARESS WORTHY HANDS: Mix glycerine with lemon juice and massage into your hands before going to bed every night. Sleep it off with or without gloves for super soft hands!
And there you have it - best beauty tips from Team MSM Moms.
Does your mom give you similar beauty tips?
Add yours in the comments below!