Posted on December 07 2014
November is done and dusted.
The last month of the year is upon us - very soon 2014 will be over!
The end of November marked not just Thanksgiving weekend and the commencement of the festive month of December but also 6 weeks of MSM Box going live! We started receiving our first orders online and have shipped our beautiful boxes to some happy customers. Reactions have been great – customers have called us to say they loved their boxes and waiting for the next one to arrive!
Thanksgiving is a special time of the year and not just for Americans any more. Closer home we may not have the commercial hoopla and shopping fever that marks this amazingly secular holiday but more and more of us now choose to celebrate this day with friends and family.
The team at MSM spent Thanksgiving weekend working on our very first commercial video. This will be out for public viewing on our website in the next few days. You can catch all the fun right now by viewing our “Behind-the-scenes” Holiday video. Here is the link in case you missed it.
We were also featured in the Sunday Express this past Sunday in an article aptly titled “The Gift of the Grab”. Here is the link should you have missed this one too.
So all in all, lots of things for us to be thankful about as we complete six weeks of MSM Box. One of our mentors told us to remember that Thanksgiving is a feeling and not just a day in the calendar. So we take that to heart and thank all our supporters, benefactors, well wishers and of course all the beautiful women out there who have trusted us to ship them our beauty boxes with the promise of “A Lot in a Little”
Looking forward – December promises to be an equally exciting month.
Winter is officially here, but we keep having these occasional intermittent warm spells. So read on for some clever layering tips.
All of us have a fair amount of travel planned this month – both for work and for holidays. So here is a sneak peek into what we will be sharing with you this month
- Beauty travel - A spa in your plane
- A Parisian neighbourhood
- An iconic brand awakens
- The revitalization of Mount Street
- Dubai souks
Hopefully this will keep you glued to our blog all through the cold days of December!
So - on to our tips for clever layering to help you get through our cool mornings and evenings interspersed with warmer daytime hours.
What I like best about layering is how your favorite summer dressing gets an extension of a few more weeks.
No need to put away that flirty dress or the cool cropped pants.You can still get some more wear out of them before it becomes too cold and the winter clothes need to come out.
Here are our effortless layering style tips:
- Long sleeve tee or turtle neck – or even a button down shirt - under a summer dress
- Short sleeve tees over a longer sleeved one – play with colours or go tonal
- A chunky knit sweater with a pretty summer dress or a bright jewel toned one with a darker knit dress
- Throw a jacket over a denim shirt over a tee with pair of cropped pants or tights and pair with a scarf or stole. Layers peel on or off depending on the weather
- Layer in different lengths. Match long with short. Add great accessories to complete the look.
- Scarves!! The best part about this weather is the chance to drape all those lovely scarves and stoles. Here is a fun video to inspire you!
So, welcome to December and get ready for all the fun we have planned for you this month…
Kavita Joshi Rai-Writer of the weekly column “Effortless Style” | Globetrotter | Style Seeker | Beauty Junkie | Favorite Quote- elegance is the only beauty that never fades | @msmstyletalk