Posted on June 13 2016
Yes your genes determine what kind of hair you have but there are some things you should be doing to ensure a good hair day every day!
1) Indulge in a hair mask: Now this can be a DIY mask you whip up at home or a store bought one, but make sure that at least once a week you treat your hair to an indulgent hair mask routine. Your hair will thank you for it!
2) Don't overdo the shampoo sessions: Watch our quick video below as Bindu tells you how often you should be washing your hair. (Hint: you DON'T need to shampoo every day)
3) Protect your tresses from the heat: Now this refers to both the temperature of the water as well as to the blow dry sessions you may love to indulge in! Wash your hair with cool water (yes even in the cooler winter months) as this causes the cuticles to close and locks in that much needed moisture.
If you like to blow dry your hair, make sure you limit this to once a week at the most. Set your dryer to a cooler setting - this make make your session a bit longer but will protect your hair in the long run. Also, remember to run some heat protection cream through your hair before turning on the dryer!
4) Respect wet hair: Hair is fragile when wet. So let it dry a bit before you start to brush it. Also, remember to use the right brush when you do. The best brush is one with thin, flexible bristles that detangle without causing breakage.
5) Get regular trims: Yes, even if you are trying to grow out your short bob. A quick trim every 6-8 weeks keeps your hair healthy by removing thin or split ends.
So that's it for now gorgeous!
Keep those tresses happy and enjoy beautiful hair!